Yeah, we know that T-Mobile's take on the Samsung Galaxy Note is already officially official, but now its really super-duper official, and we've got all the gritty details. The magenta network is launching the Note on Aug. 8 for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate (c'mon, stop it with those) and an industry-standard two-year contract. If you elect to go with one of T-Mobile's Value Plans, it'll cost you $199.99 up-front, and $20 installments thereafter until the handset is paid off.
As far as specs, it's pretty much the same Note we've seen before, with a gigantic 5.3-inch 800x1280 screen, dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage and the addition of a 42mbps HSPA+ radio for T-Mobile's "4G" network.
Interested in knowing every bit of information possible about the Note? Of course you are. Be sure to read our full review, and check the official press release after the break.
Source: T-Mobile Newsroom
Samsung Galaxy Note
The Samsung Galaxy NoteTM provides a unique, all-in-one experience that is perfect for work, play and everything in between. With a large, 5.3-inch HD super AMOLEDTM touch screen – the largest screen on a T-Mobile smartphone – the Galaxy Note is elegantly designed to handle both business and home tasks with ease. The Galaxy Note with Premium Suite offers productivity-enhancing features, including S PenTM, S MemoTM and Polaris Office, so users can write notes, to-do lists and annotate documents; share ideas and edited content; and create documents, presentations and spresdsheets to maximize efficiency while on the go. The Galaxy Note also provides Wi-Fi Calling capabilities and, with a qualifying service plan, can act as a Smartphone Mobile HotSpot for up to five devices.
As one of T-Mobile’s fastest (HSPA+ 42 technology) devices and featuring AndroidTM 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the Galaxy Note is an ideal device for business users always on-the-go. Productivity features such as T-Mobile 4G Pro App Pack make it easy for professionals to access the latest business apps, and with SAFE (Samsung Approved for EnterpriseTM) support, the Galaxy Note is prepared for any business scenario with the ability to sync corporate email, calendars and contacts. With access to T-Mobile TV in mobile HD to watch live TV programming and Samsung Media Hub to rent or buy the latest movies and TV shows, plus an 8- megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, the Galaxy Note is well equipped to keep users entertained and connected via T-Mobile’s fast 4G network.
Samsung Galaxy Note Features:
Enterprise and Productivity:
- SAFE (Samsung Approved for EnterpriseTM) technology delivering business-friendly capabilities such as syncing corporate email, calendars and contacts and enterprise-ready security features
- S PenTM, S MemoTM and Polaris Office allows customers to write notes and annotate documents; share ideas and edited content; and create documents, presentations and spreadsheets
- T-Mobile 4G Pro App Pack for work on the go with an aggregation of key apps, including Dropbox, Evernote, Square, TripIt, CamScanner and LinkedIn
- Wi-Fi Calling and Smartphone Mobile HotSpot
- 5.3-inch HD Screen to view movies, videos, games and more
- T-Mobile TV in mobile HD offers access to live and on-demand TV shows
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and zero shutter lag; 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Samsung Media Hub provides the option to rent or purchase movies and TV programs in HD
- 1.5 GHz, dual-core, Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM S3 Processor
- AndroidTM 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Integrated GoogleTM services: Access to Google PlayTM, Google SearchTM by voice, YouTube® and turn-by-turn directions with Google MapsTM
- Voice Talk allows users to give voice commands for voice dial, text message, navigation and more.
- Samsung Kies Air to connect to your PC via Wi-Fi
- Samsung’s TouchWiz® 4.0 user interface
- Swype® for easy text input on the virtual keyboard
- Full HTML Web browser
- Support for Adobe® Flash® Player
- 16GB of internal memory; expandable to 32GB via a microSD card
- DLNA and HDMI out capability via MHL adapter
- Support for Bluetooth® 3.0
- 2500 mAh battery
- Wi-Fi for data (802.11 a/b/g/n) and WiFi Hotspot
- Quad-band 4G UMTS/HSPA+ 42 (Bands I, II, IV & V)
- Quad-band GSM world phone: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Dimensions: 146.85 X 82.95 X 9.65 mm; weight: 6.34 oz
The Samsung Galaxy Note is expected to be available at select T-Mobile retail stores and online at www.T-Mobile.com starting August 8. Qualifying customers can pair the Galaxy Note with a Value voice and data plan with a two-year service agreement for $199.99 with an out-of-pocket down payment and 20 equal monthly payments of $20 per month with T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). Also offered with a Classic voice and data plan, the Galaxy Note will cost $249.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate card with a two-year service agreement.
T-Mobile’s 4G HSPA+ 42 Mbps network not available everywhere. For details about coverage, please visit http://www.androidcentral.com/ext?link=http%3A%2F%2Ft-mobile.7eer.net%2Fc%2F159229%2F187812%2F3290%3FsubId1%3Dd_ac%26subId2%3Dd_ac%26u%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.t-mobile.com%252Fcoverage. Use of some features may require additional charges and/or a quialifying data plan or access to a Wi-Fi connection. Mobile HD TV can deliver a bitrate of 800kbps and 16:9 resolution; the bitrate & resolution you experience will vary based on many factors, e.g., programming & network connection.