Fans of Nova Launcher are in for a treat today if they're on the public beta track for the popular launcher replacement, as it just received a full Material Design overhaul.
Today's public beta release brings a whole host of Material Design tweaks for the settings screens and dialog boxes, along with with new icons and additional features.
Some of the highlights of today's Nova Launcher update include:
- All settings screens and dialogs are material style
- More animations
- Google Search from the search bar shows as an overlay
- Edit Shortcut dialog, and quick menu, tinted based on colors of the icon
- New icon
- New Nova Action icons
- Widgets given their own drawer, removed from App Drawer
- Individual icon layout settings (size, font, etc) in Desktop, Drawer, Dock, Folder
- Max icon size boosted to 150%
In addition to the above changes, today's update brings a number of other tweaks and customization options such as the ability to add blank desktop pages, pull to search, and the ability to change the page indicator color.
If you'd like to test out the latest Nova Launcher update, you'll have to start out by joining the Nova Launcher Beta community then sign up for the beta. After you've done all of that, you should be able to snag the beta from the Google Play Store.
Source: Kevin Barry (Google+)