Barnes and Noble has issued a firmware update for the now insanely popular Nook color. While it may not be Froyo it does have plenty of bug fixes included in the release so you'll want to make sure you get updated as soon as possible. As we've mentioned a good many times now, the Nook color is a pretty awesome Android tablet when all is said and done. Check out the list of changes below:
- Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
- Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
- Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
- Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new
default browser home page.
- Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration
and Wi-Fi set up.
- Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to
the titles in Shop.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
You can hit the Barnes and Noble site now to grab the update. If you have any issues head on into the Nook Color forums for some help. And do note that this breaks root, check out this post in the forums for more info. Thanks stldavis7!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: