Update: Because so many people are just starting to get the update (thanks for the e-mails, everybody!), we're going to bump this post -- something we try to avoid doing for obvious reasons.
Original from Feb. 6: If you're the proud owner of a Motorola Droid RAZR, or it's brother with a bit bigger gas tank the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX, (read the review of the MAXX right here) there's an OTA update ready and waiting for you. Version 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US (there's no way we could make that one up) started slowly rolling out over the weekend and is now pushing hard and heavy, and chances are you can grab it yourself by simply going to Settings>About Phone>System Updates.
The update itself is about 150MB in size, and updates the software to Android 2.3.6. I know many were wanting Ice Cream Sandwich, but this update brings some welcome bug fixes and security patches, so we'll gladly take it. The full change list, line by line:
- Mobile Hotspot will now successfully allow other devices to connect to all
- Improvements in the Mobile Hotspot security.
- VZ Navigator has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
- Visual Voice Mail messages can be marked as read.
- Visual Voice Mail message playback resumes when audio is switched to speaker.
- Visual Voice Mail will successfully subscribe or unsubscribe while connected with Wifi.
- Successfully press back key after playback in Visual Voice Mail without error.
- V CAST App now comes preloaded.
- MotoCast installation steps have been improved for easier use.
- Improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane Mode is disabled.
- Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments.
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth headsets.
- Successfully save multimedia ringtones.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated.
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels.
- Email icon has been updated for improved visibility.
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) feature has been added.
That's a hell of a list, and seeing improvements with 4G data connectivity is certainly something everyone likes to see. Things should go smoothly after this one, but if you hit any snags or just want to discuss it all, be sure to hit the forums!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: