Google is rolling out a set of features to Google Search that lets you follow the 2016 Summer Olympic Games — which kick off on August 5 in Rio de Janeiro — with ease. You can view TV schedules, athlete bios, and medal tallies directly from search results, and Google has partnered with broadcasters to roll out highlight videos on YouTube in over 60 countries.
You'll also be able to view the event venues on Street View, and get automatic updates every time your country wins a medal during the tournament. Here's what's coming to Google Search for the Rio Olympics:
- Discover the event schedule, medal counts, and athlete information in Search
- Get results and view TV schedules in 30+ countries
- Watch official broadcasters' event highlights on YouTube in 60+ countries
- Explore Rio and venues in Google Maps
- Keep up to date with the latest search Trends from around the world