Over the next little while we're slowly going to see Android 4.0 ICS rolled out to a number of devices and for some -- that may cause some havoc when it comes to app compatibility. One of the more popular podcast apps on Android, BeyondPod has now been updated to include not only better support for Ice Cream Sandwich but correct a few other issues within the app as well:
- Better support for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- BeyondPod has a new launcher icon.
- On devices running Android 2.3 and later, you can now switch between posts in the post view by swiping left or right.
- Small "face lift" of the player screen.
- Added a new option that allows videos to be automatically included in the playlist the same way audio episodes are.
- Added a new setting that allows video playback to continue when the screen is manually turned off.
- Many bug fixes.
Whether you're an already existing BeyondPod user or just looking for an ICS compatible podcast app, BeyondPod may be just what you're looking for. There is a lite and paid version available, with the lite being free and the paid version around $7. Download can be found past the break for you -- once you're done, make sure you add the best damn Android podcast in the world!