It's been about two months since the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G first saw its Android 2.3 Gingerbread made available, only to be yanked back due to some bugs. On Thursday, the download was finally revived via the Samsung Kies Mini application. Yes, folks. It's finally happening. (Again.)
Here's a reminder of what you'll be getting in the Android 2.3.6 update, which takes the software version up to UCLB3:
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.
A slightly odd development: AT&T in its forum post says that this update will hard-reset your phone -- as in wipe anything that was previously on it. But that wasn't the case with our update. Regardless, be sure to back up your contacts and e-mails and pictures and the like, just in case. Then be sure to download Kies, and get to updating. Should take about 5 minutes or so once it gets going.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: