You'll lose some of your customizations in the process, however
AT&T this morning dropped word that its version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 can now update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
That's the good news. The bad news is that you have to do it with Samsung KIES on a Mac or PC. A tethered update is better than no update at all, of course.
The update brings about the following improvements:
- Customizable widgets
- Improved text input and spell-checking
- New dictionaries for better error correction and word suggestion
- Enhanced web browsing and personalization capability
- Improved email management
- New technology for better security options
- Google Now with enhanced voice activation
That said, you'll also lose some customizations with this update. Paired Bluetooth devices will be removed, as will custom APNs. Home screens will be reset to the default Ice Cream Sandwich view, and the app menu will revert as well. Contacts and groups will still be on your tablet, but contacts will be removed from the groups. Also: Music playlists and settings will be rest.
If you're still hankering for the update, though, hit the link below.