The Amazon Fire HD 8 32GB Kids Edition tablet is down to $99.99 on Amazon. Its regular street price is $130. It has only dropped to $80 once before back in August. You can also get the Amazon Fire 7 for $80. It's on sale from its normal $100 price.
If you've got more than one kid and don't want them to fight over one, Amazon is also discounting two packs. The Fire HD 8 two pack is $179.98, down from $260. The Fire 7 two-pack is $149.98, down from $200. Both two-packs are available in a variety of colors.
Features of the Fire HD 8 include:
- One-year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited and a Kid-Proof Case
- Not a toy, a full-featured Fire HD 8 tablet with a vibrant HD display, 32 GB internal storage, and up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life. Add a microSD card for up to 256 GB of expandable storage.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if they break it, return it and we'll replace it for free. No questions asked.
- One year of FreeTime Unlimited gives you access to 15,000 popular apps and games, videos, books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more
- Add even more content to your child's profile in FreeTime to give them selected access to apps in your personal library, such as Netflix, YouTube, and Minecraft
- Best-in-class parental controls allow you to manage usage limits, content access, and educational goals
- Amazon Parent Dashboard with Discussion Cards enables parents to discover the titles their kids enjoy and connect with them through rich conversations about these titles
The Fire 7 is basically the same, but it has a slightly smaller display and slightly less storage. The internal storage isn't a problem, though, since you can expand it with a microSD card.
- What makes this deal worth considering? - These prices match some of the lowest we've ever seen, and the two-packs are crazy low for the larger families.
- Things to know before you buy! - Amazon offers these tablets at a cheaper than normal price, but it means sacrificing on board storage. The Fire HD 8 has the most with just 32GB, and that's not a lot for apps and movies. Upgrade the tablet storage with an internal micro SD card.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here are tech media's hot takes on Surface Duo
Reactions to the Surface Duo after its launch earlier this week ranged from disappointed to elated. Among the media, in particular, there was a surprising amount of enthusiasm for Microsoft's dual-screen device. Here's a look at some of the chatter from around the web.
Everything about the Fortnite fiasco sucks for smartphone users
Even if you'll never play Fortnite, what Epic, Google, and Apple are doing should have you concerned.
Spotify no longer sucks on Android tablets and Chromebooks
Spotify is now rolling out a new update that optimizes its UI for Android tablets and Chromebooks.
Charge faster than ever with these fast chargers for the Fire HD 8 (2020)
Amazon finally smartened up and brought both USB-C and fast charging capabilities to the new Fire HD 8 (2020). As the rest of the world has largely moved away from microUSB, this is a long overdue change, but a welcome one nonetheless. Now that you'll get fast charging on your Fire HD 8 (2020), you'll need a great fast charger and these are our favorites.