Pre-order deals available from major retailers and carriers
Overnight Samsung's Galaxy S5 went up for pre-order at many British outlets, including independent retailers Carphone Warehouse and Phones4u, and carriers O2, Three, Vodafone and EE. Here's a quick breakdown of what's on offer —
- EE has the GS5 in black, white and blue, with on-contract prices ranging between £32.99 per month (4GB "double speed" 4G, £259.99 upfront) to £47.99 per month (20GB, £9.99 upfront). The carrier is also offering free return flights to pre-order customers from airports across the UK.
- Three also has the black, white and blue models. Prices start at £38 per month (£69 upfront) for 2GB of data plus 600 minutes. Bump up to £41 per month for unlimited data, or £44 for unlimited calls and data, and the same upfront cost.
- Vodafone has the black, white blue, gold colors. Prices range between £47 per month (£19 upfront) for 3GB, to £62 per month for 13GB (no upfront payment.)
- O2 also has all four colors. Prices on O2 Refresh Pay Monthly come in between £38 (2GB, £69.99 upfront) and £53 (8GB, no upfront cost). Alternatively there's another 8GB plan for £48 per month with a £39.99 upfront fee attached.
- Phones4u has a range of contracts available from Vodafone, EE, Orange and T-Mobile starting at £47 for a free GS5 (a 3GB plan on Vodafone, though an extra 99p will get you 10GB on EE). The first 1,000 pre-orders get a free Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch and £50 Google Play credit with any 4G plan. All four colors are available, though the blue and gold won't be available on launch day. The retailer is also selling the GS5 SIM-free for £569.95.
- Carphone Warehouse has all four colors, though only the black and white will be available on April 11. The retailer will sell you a SIM-free device for £579.95, and has contracts available with EE, Orange, O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile and TalkMobile. The cheapest plan for a free GS5 at CPW is a £42-per-month, 3GB deal from Vodafone — though more data is available around this price point if you're willing to stump up some cash upfront.
Most outlets will be able to get a GS5 in your hands on April 11, the phone's global launch day, though availability may vary for the more colorful blue and gold variants, as we've mentioned above.
So is anyone in the UK securing their Galaxy S5 pre-order today? Shout out in the comments!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
There are so many Alexa speakers so let us help you decide which to buy
Whether you buy an Amazon-branded Echo smart speaker or something from a third party like Sonos or Eufy, there are a lot of great Alexa speakers to choose from. That's why we're here to break down your options for you to help you make the best purchase decision.
Did you pre-order the Google Pixel 5?
The Google Pixel 5 has arrived in all of its official glory. Now that we know how much the phone costs and what specs it's packing, did you get your pre-order in?
Review: The HP x360 14c is not just a good Chromebook, it's a good laptop
Chromebook fans who are looking for the perfect balance of form, function, and fun have several great devices to choose from in late 2020. HP just put the others on notice that the Chromebook x360 14c is officially part of that exclusive club.
These cases look great and will keep your Galaxy A20 protected with ease
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is a rather intriguing budget smartphone with some nifty tricks hidden up its sleeve. Today, we're taking a look at the best cases that you can get for this brand new phone.