U.S. Cellular customers will also be able to get their hands on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 this coming October, as the carrier has sent us a note (see what I did there?) that the latest and greatest from Samsung is on its way. It's the same Galaxy Note 3 the whole Internet has been talking about for two days, and USC will be offering the black, soft-touch model — which the boys in Berlin are saying is "way nicer" feeling than the more plastic white model.
Besides all the hot new features the Note 3 has on board, like the new Scrapbook and S Pen multitasking UI, customers will also be enrolled in USC's rewards program with their purchase. This gives points towards things like accessories, downloads and early upgrades. For more information about USC's rewards program, click here.
We have no details on pricing or any release date, but as the day gets closer USC says they will let us know all there is to know. Until then, you can have a look at the press release after the break.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 COMING TO U.S. CELLULAR IN OCTOBER
Customers will experience the latest flagship device from Samsung Mobile
CHICAGO (Sept. 6, 2013) – U.S. Cellular (NYSE: USM) has announced that the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3 will be available for customers in October. This highly-anticipated device builds on the evolution of Samsung’s Note category and S Pen experience and will be offered in Jet Black.
By the end of 2013, nearly 90 percent of U.S. Cellular customers will have access to 4G LTE speeds, and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be the perfect device for them to see the benefits of these speeds. It combines sophisticated design and exceptional functionality to offer premium smartphone performance, making it ideal for taking advantage of the speed of 4G LTE to watch videos, download files, play games and use social media. In addition, customers who purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from U.S. Cellular will also receive a valuable rewards program that recognizes customer loyalty.
“Many people are looking for their smartphone to be an all-in-one tool to help them get more done at home, at the office or on the road,” said Joe Settimi, vice president of products, pricing and innovation for U.S. Cellular. “At U.S. Cellular, we want to provide the best wireless experience for our customers, and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a unique device that is ideal for all members of the family to use for work and play.”
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from U.S. Cellular features a beautiful 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display which provides breathtaking visuals and crystal clear detail. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core processor and running Android 4.3, the smartphone is packed with the latest innovations, including many features introduced on the Galaxy S® 4. S Voice can now be activated with just the sound of your voice, completely hands free and while the device is asleep.
Additionally, the Galaxy Note 3 features a textured back and a new and refined S Pen™ experience. New experiences include:
- My Magazine: A visual, personalized interface to get the latest news, social and localized content.
- Advanced Multi Window: Enhanced for users to drag and drop between the two open windows. Multi Window now allows for the activation of one app at the same time in both windows.
- Pen Window: Use the S Pen to draw a window, open an application and then minimize it to hover on any screen as you navigate the device.
- Air Command: Provides instant access to S Pen features, including Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window.
- Scrapbook: An easy and functional way of using the S Pen to grab and store videos, photos and clips from webpages that are linkable back to the original online source.
- Action Memo: Quickly take a note and instantly take action. For example, call/save a contact, send a text/email, look up an address, search the web or add to your to do list.
- S Finder: Allows you to search the entire device (including handwritten notes and settings), accounts and the web through key words or handwritten symbols.
U.S. Cellular, in partnership with King Street Wireless, currently offers 4G LTE service covering 61 percent of its customers. By the end of this year, nearly 90 percent of U.S. Cellular customers will have access to 4G LTE speeds. For more information about the 4G LTE experience, visit uscellular.com/4G.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.