Trying to ride the hype of the theatrical release of the movie Hercules, Glu is launching Hercules: The Official Game for Android today. This game builds on all of the well-known Hercules story lines to bring a hack-and-slash dueling game with various hero characters to choose from, and different melee, magic and ranged attacks to go to battle with. You can warm up with computer-based combat and then take your skills online against friends and strangers with the Fighting Pit.
The game is free-to-play, naturally, indicating that you'll be asked to pony up with some in-app purchases down the road if you get interested in the game. That being said, it may be worth a look if you're into this period of history and want a fun game that's free to try.
Glu Mobile Launches Hercules Game in Coordination with Worldwide Theatrical Release
Players become Hercules and embark on a journey towards redemption
San Francisco, Calif. – July 3, 2014 – Glu Mobile Inc. (NASDAQ: GLUU), a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced the availability of Hercules: The Official Game on the App Store and Google Play. In partnership with MGM Interactive Inc. (MGM), a subsidiary of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., Glu has developed the official free-to-play mobile game in conjunction with the new "Hercules" feature film scheduled for U.S. theatrical release from Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn- Mayer Pictures on July 25, 2014.
"Hercules: The Official Game is Glu's second title to market as part of our ongoing relationship with MGM," said Niccolo de Masi, Glu CEO. "We believe the game captures the spirit of Greek mythology, while delivering console-quality graphics and intense gameplay."
"We are pleased to continue our relationship with Glu on successful and engaging games for the mobile space," said MGM's Tricia Samuels Laudisa, Vice President, Global Licensing, Consumer Products and Interactive. "Hercules: The Official Game offers fans an exciting opportunity to immerse themselves in the Hercules story in anticipation of the film's release."
- Special Attacks & Finishing Moves – Defeat your enemies faster with special combinations of melee, magic and ranged traits to cause maximum damage. Revel in your brutal victory after toppling rivals with devastating finishing moves.
- Tag-Battle System – Fight battles with up to three heroes at once to become the ultimate fighting force. Slash through hordes of enemies and defeat monstrous bosses with the combined power of all your heroes.
- Legendary Arsenal – Equip and upgrade your heroes with lethal gear designed for all fighting styles, including the mythical club of Hercules!
- Fighting Pit – Show off your battle skills against friends and players around the world. Become the champion of the Fighting Pit through powerful winning streaks and prove your status to players across the globe!
- Hercules: The Official Game is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch at https://itunes.apple.com/app/id684898065?mt=8&ls=1&at=10l3Vy Hercules: Battle for Redemption is also available on Google Play https://www.androidcentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.anrdoezrs.net%2Flinks%2F100048248%2Ftype%2Fdlg%2Fsid%2FUUacUdUnU39370%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.glu.hercules%26referrer%3Dutm_source%253DSocial%2526utm_medium%253Dcpc%2526utm_campaign%253DADXADREFweb353b47d3063b05%2526utm_content%253DAD-X%2526cts%253D1441984780%2526adxclkid%253Dadx-web023-am5_e0780453dbec494d334cc2e8b2d64b6680d43319&token=HIeyHCNF
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Andrew was an Executive Editor, U.S. at Android Central between 2012 and 2020.