Feeling brave? The friendly developers over at Dropbox have released a brand new experimental build, and they're willing to give you early adopters 5 GB of free storage for your troubles. For every 500 MB uploaded with version 2.0.9 you will earn an additional 500 MB of storage-- up to 5 GB total. Mind you that the freebie storage is account-related rather than app-related, which means that you'll be able to upload from your desktop to earn the space as well as from the app.
The new version comes with its fair share of new features, including:
- Automatically uploads photos and videos in the background using Wi-Fi or data plan
- Brand new Camera Upload feature
- Upload files of any size (no more 180 MB limit!)
- Support for resuming file uploads when there are network issues
- Various performance improvements & bug fixes
If beta builds don't give you the willies, you can grab the APK from the source link, where Dropbox is urging those who download to sing out as issues arise.
Source: Dropbox Forums
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android