Although the Galaxy S Blaze 4G didn't garner a lot of attention, that doesn't mean T-Mobile has forgotten about the device. In fact, owners of the Blaze 4G should be checking for updates right now, as there is one currently available. The update is noted to be rolling out now through August 5th and available through OTA and Samsung Kies. As it stands, it fixes a few bugs but mostly it serves as preparation for a later update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich:
- Over the air (OTA) update to Software T769UVLF4:T-Mobile will push the update to your device sometime between 7/16 and 8/5. We cannot expedite how soon we send the OTA to individuals. See below steps to manually request the OTA update.
- Manual download: If you want to update to T769UVLF4 after July 17, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
- E911 issue over Wi-Fi resolved
- Echo issue when on Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) call
- Proximity Sensor improved
Sadly, T-Mobile left off the information of when exactly we may expect ICS to roll out to the device but you all can take comfort in knowing it will arrive eventually. Hopefully it's not too far off.