Samsung has announced that their new Galaxy Note 2 will be available a day early (this Sunday) from their officially-branded Samsung store in the U.K. This is good stuff for anyone that happens to leave close to the one in Westfield Stratford City, but no surprise seeing as Samsung did something similar for the Galaxy S 3. The UK Brand Store will also be hosting some competitions on launch day whereby participants have a shot at winning a free Galaxy Note 2. The rest of the UK will proceed to get access to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 through various retail channels on October 1, while those of us in North America will have to wait until November to get our version.
We spent some time with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at IFA and walked away duly impressed. Anyone needing a refresher can take a look at the specs.
- Network: 3G: HSPA+ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps); 4G LTE: 100Mbps/ 50Mbps
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core processor
- Display: 5.5” HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x 720)
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera: Main(Rear): 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI; Sub(Front): 1.9 Megapixel VT Camera, BSI; Best Photo, Best Faces, Low light shot
- GPS: A-GPS; Glonass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® v 4.0 (Apt-X Codec support) LE; USB 2.0 Host; WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi HT40; Wi-Fi Direct; mHL; NFC
- Memory: 16/32/64GB User memory + 2GB (RAM); microSD (up to 64GB)
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-ion 3,100mAh
I'd be curious to see if any other official Samsung Brand Stores are offering the same promotion. Anyone near the one in the UK intending to check out the launch day festivities this weekend?