It's been a couple months since Virgin Mobile told us the Samsung Intercept was due to get Android 2.2, and a couple weeks since the first expected window, but it looks like its day in the Froyo sun is upon us. We're getting numerous reports of text messages that read:
The Froyo Update for the Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept is finally coming out on Monday the 11th! VMFreeMsg: Starting 4/11/11, you will be notified of a phone software upgrade available for your Intercept. Click http://msg4u.us/isr for more information.
That link then takes you to a Virgin Mobile detailing the update. In addition to all the Froyo goodness, you'll be getitng:
- Exchange Active Sync updates
- ability to install applications to external memory card
- improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice dialing
- improved operating system performance
- dedicated phone, application and browser icons on every home screen
So look for it any week now. Thanks to @mjsalinger and the Android Central App submission.
- Related devices: