Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Strap in, folks. This one's gonna be a doozy. We were in Seattle this week for the launch of the Amazon Fire Phone and T-Mobile's latest "Uncarrier" events, and they both were big ones. Plus we give some last-minute thoughts on Google I/O before next week's developer conference. Join us!
Thing 1: Amazon Fire Phone
- Amazon Fire Phone hands-on
- Amazon Fire Phone specs
- The Amazon Fire Phone hands-on video!
- Pre-order the Amazon Fire Phone direct from Amazon, starting at $199
- Fire Phone will be AT&T exclusive, ships late July
- Fire Phone landing at AT&T in 32GB for $199 and 64GB for $299
- Amazon Fire Phone runs latest Fire OS, looks a lot like a smaller Kindle Fire
- Amazon announces Firefly, visual search on steroids
- Fire Phone comes rich in content
- Amazon's Fire Phone features a 13MP f2.0 camera and unlimited cloud storage
- Amazon Prime has 'tens of millions' of happy customers
- Amazon licensing Android Appstore to BlackBerry
- Amazon Appstore triples selection in a year to 240,000 apps
- Win a 64GB Amazon Fire Phone from Android Central!
Thing 2: More T-Mobile Uncarrier craziness
- T-Mobile announces two massive network expansions
- Uncarrier 6: T-Mobile frees music from your data limits
- T-Mobile says it's open to adding more music services to Music Freedom
- T-Mobile teams up with Rhapsody for streaming music app
- Samsung Galaxy S5 joins T-Mobile's VOLTE ranks
- Here's your list of T-Mobile's Wideband LTE and VoLTE markets
Thing 3: Google I/O preview
- Things we think we think.
Thing 4: Other stuff
- Samsung announces Galaxy S5 LTE-A with QHD display, Snapdragon 805 CPU in South Korea
- Samsung: No plans to launch Galaxy S5 LTE-A globally [Update!]
- Nokia launches a predictive Android launcher
- HTC sells 50,000 HTC One E8 phones in China - in just 15 minutes
- Twitter adds native support for animated GIFs
- Nest Protect is back on sale for $99, gesture control not included
This week's sponsors
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact Standard Broadcast Co..
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: