There are plenty of well-known benefits of having an Amazon Prime membership, especially with Prime Day coming up soon, but one you may not have heard about before is the Amazon First Reads program. Every month, Amazon's publishing editors choose a handful of yet-to-be-released books from various genres and make them exclusively available to Amazon customers before anyone else! Prime members get the best end of the bargain here, as they're allowed to add two of the books to their Kindle e-book library each month free of charge. If you're not a Prime member, you can still snag the book of your choice, though it'll cost you $1.99 for the Kindle version or up to $9.99 for a hardback copy.
Just like all Kindle e-books, Amazon First Reads can be read on your Kindle e-reader or using the free Kindle app that's available on devices like smartphones, tablets, and more. Not sure which Kindle to pick? Amazon has a guide to help you choose between the various models.
This July, Amazon has eight First Reads titles for you to choose from, including:
- A Fire Sparkling by Julianne MacLean
- What You Did by Claire McGowan
- Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz
- Relative Fortunes by Marlowe Benn
- The Boy Between Worlds by Annejet van der Zijl
- Pirates Don't Go to Kindergarten! by Lisa Robinson
- They Could Have Named Her Anything by Stephanie Jimenez
- Prognosis: A Memoir of My Brain by Sarah Vallance
Have you listened to this week's Android Central Podcast?
Every week, the Android Central Podcast brings you the latest tech news, analysis and hot takes, with familiar co-hosts and special guests.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android