Sprint has officially announced that the Motorola Titanium will hit the shelves July 24, for $149.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and $100 mail-in rebate. The Titanium has a portrait qwerty, 3.1-inch touchscreen, Nextel Direct Connect (chirp!), and is designed to meet Military Specification 810G for dust, shock, vibration, low pressure, solar radiation, high temperature and low temperature. This successor to the Motorola I1 looks to be one tough customer. Toss in an 1820 mAh battery, and there's a lot here to interest anyone who needs a phone that takes the abuse of a day of hard work.
While it's not the powerhouse that some other new Android phones may be, this certainly fills a niche that needs filling by a tough, quality smartphone. And it plays Angry Birds. Hit the break for the press release.
More info: Titanium fact sheet
Motorola Titanium, First Android 2.1 Smartphone
with Best-in-Class Nextel Direct Connect,
Available Beginning July 24 for $149.99
Motorola Titanium™, America’s first Android 2.1 (Éclair) smartphone with best-in-class Nextel Direct Connect™ for Push-to-Talk, goes on sale in Sprint Stores, online at www.sprint.com
, Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint Business Sales beginning Sunday, July 24, for $149.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement, after $100 mail-in rebate.
As the successor to the popular Motorola i1 launched by Sprint in 2010, Motorola Titanium is sleek and attractive, yet durable. It features a full QWERTY keyboard and 3.1-inch touchscreen display for a feature-rich, business-class experience. Built military-grade tough, Motorola Titanium is designed to meet Military Specification 810G for dust, shock, vibration, low pressure, solar radiation, high temperature and low temperature.
Additional key features of Motorola Titanium include:
· Support for Nextel Direct Connect Services, including Direct Connect, Group Connect®, International Direct Connect®, DirectSendSM, Group Messaging and NextMail®
- Android Market™ for access to more than 200,000 applications, widgets and games available for download
- Google™ mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Talk™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar™ and YouTube™
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®) and personal (POP3 & IMAP) email, calendar and contacts
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with camcorder, 4x zoom and LED flash
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth®
- GPS navigation
- microSD slot, with a 2GB memory card included, supporting up to 32GB
- 1820 mAh Lithium-ion battery
With more than 17 years of expertise, Sprint is the industry leader in Push-to-Talk, serving the world’s largest Push-to-Talk community with millions of Nextel Direct Connect subscribers on the fastest national Push-to-Talk network. Nextel Direct Connect has set the industry standard for Push-to-Talk worldwide. More U.S. workers communicate in less than a second with Nextel Direct Connect than with any other Push-to-Talk service.