If you're looking to dabble in the smart home space, the easiest way to get started is with smart plugs. Not only are they one of the most affordable accessories, but they also provide a whole lot of value to your daily life. From being able to control lights to turning on small appliances remotely, there are tons of different use cases for smart plugs.
Koogeek recently released its new smart plug, the P2, and right now you can pick one up for just $25.89 when you use the coupon code KOOGEEK1 at checkout. This is a savings of about $9 from its regular price and marks the lowest price it has sold for to date.
Unlike its previous accessories, this smart plug works with both Amazon's Alexa and Apple's HomeKit platforms. This allows you to control the plug by simply using voice commands through devices like the Echo Dot or your iPhone.
- Works with Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa (the Alexa is not included), only on a 2.4GHz WiFi network. No hub required.
- Use Siri or Alexa to turn on / off the outlet and the night light separately or set brightness of the night light. Android devices users using voice control will need Amazon Echo (not Included).
- iOS and Android devices compatible. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch running iOS 8.1 or later versions, Android devices running Android 4.3 or later versions.
- Remote control. With our Koogeek Home App wherever you have Internet access, you can remotely control and monitor the connected device and the night light with either iOS devices or Android devices, whether you are at home or not.
- Sync and share across devices, share with your family members. If you sign in to the same Koogeek Home account, the ON/OFF status and control of connected devices are synced and shared across iOS devices and Android devices.
Odds are that once you try one out you'll want another, so be sure to grab a few of these to have around your house.
More from Thrifter:
- What does Amazon's takeover of Whole Foods mean for you?
- Five free travel apps to help you save big on hotel stays
For more great deals be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
From the Editor's Desk: Navigating the Chromebook crunch of 2020
Chromebooks are wonderful little laptops for a great many people, but they're especially well-suited to children. Now if only retailers could keep them in stock this back-to-school season.
Here's every U.S. city with 5G coverage right now
5G deployment is moving fast and the list of cities with coverage is growing all the time. See if your U.S. city has coverage yet by Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T.
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
LIFX bulbs too pricey? Here are some cheap but smart alternatives
LIFX is one of the leading brands in smart lighting, but it's far from being your only option. There are plenty of alternatives that are worth considering, like these ones we've noted here.