The Motorola Droid 3 has a large system update queued and ready to roll out, but it's just another version of Gingerbread. The 5.7.905.XT862 update checks in about 230 MB, and is chock full of fixes, patches, and enhancements -- all very welcome for most any user. With "only" 512 MB of RAM, we didn't really expect the Droid 3 to ever officially run Ice Cream Sandwich, but there's always that glimmer of hope when we see the system update prompt. What did get fixed and updated? I'm glad you asked.
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve the security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Avoid device interruption when accessing an application prior to the storage being fully mounted on the device.
- Improvements in device stability help avoid device power cycles.
- When connected to a Bluetooth® headset or HDMI cable, the device will no longer lock up and power cycle.
- Improvements to the camera’s auto focus will reduce the shutter response time and enhance the quality of captured imagery.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Use a wired headset without the interruption of a high pitched tone.
- Plus code dialing has been enhanced, improving the experience while traveling.
- Playback media can be heard while using a Bluetooth headset.
- Place a call to the appropriate recipient using the contact widget.
- When moving applications to the SD card, shortcuts to these Apps will remain.
- After updating the contact database from the Messaging App, the Messaging UI will display the latest contact information.
- Successfully post and play videos on Facebook.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.
- Contact pictures display properly in Google Voice.
- VZ Navigator 3D City is now preloaded.
- Resolved excessive data usages and continuous downloading for VZ Navigator® 3D City downloads.
For more information about the update process, hit the Verizon support link below. For the more experienced Android users, just start hammering on the update button.
Source: Verizon support
Everything we know (so far) about the Google Pixel 5
We're still months out from Google unveiling the Pixel 5, but that doesn't mean it's too early to speculate what it might offer. Here's everything we know so far!
Surface Duo AT&T preorders kick off at midnight ET tonight
Microsoft finally launched the Surface Duo today, announcing preorders at the Microsoft Store, AT&T, and Best Buy. If you're looking to grab one on AT&T, the company will kick off preorders at 9 p.m. PT / 12 a.m. ET tonight, August 12.
Microsoft has announced Surface Duo price, specs, and release date
It's finally happening! Microsoft's dual-screen Android smartphone that was first announced back in October 2019 is now available for preorder for an eye-watering $1399, and will begin shipping to customers starting September 10.
These cases will keep your Moto G Fast moving at the speed of lightning
When it comes to finding the right case for your phone, you want something that will keep up with your day-to-day life and everything that comes along with it. This sentiment rings true for the Moto G Fast, even with its budget price point. So grab yourself a case and keep your G Fast chugging along.