OnePlus is offering a trade-in program through which you can get up to ₹16,000 in cashback for exchanging your older phone for a OnePlus X or OnePlus 2 at Amazon India.
From OnePlus (opens in new tab):
- Just choose from a range of OnePlus smartphones from Amazon (OnePlus One, OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X) and purchase the device.
- Once you place an order, make a note of the Order ID.
- Head back to purchased mobile page on Amazon and click on the "Mobile Buyback (opens in new tab)" scheme. Once you agree with the T&Cs, click on "I AGREE" to be redirected to the ReGlobe page.
- Enter the details of the smartphone you are exchanging and input your newly purchased OnePlus smartphone ORDER ID from Amazon.
- Check Area Serviceability, Price and Buyback availability on your old smartphone.
- Enter your contact information and await a call from ReGlobe to agree on a mutually convenient pick-up time.
- Schedule the pick-up and get cash back on the spot.
The terms and conditions clearly state that the offer is valid only if you purchase a OnePlus phone:
We went to ReGlobe and checked the buyback process (opens in new tab) to see how easy it is to avail the offer. We managed to get a quote of ₹18,150 for a year-old 32GB Galaxy S6 in good condition. That's less than what you can get from sites like Quikr or Olx, but with ReGlobe you don't have to go through the hassle of posting an ad and waiting to hear back from potential buyers.
If you're in the market for a OnePlus One, OnePlus X or OnePlus 2 and have an older device in a decent condition, head down to Amazon from the link below to check out the buyback scheme.
See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Harish Jonnalagadda is a Senior Editor overseeing Asia at Android Central. He leads the site's coverage of Chinese phone brands, contributing to reviews, features, and buying guides. He also writes about storage servers, audio products, and the semiconductor industry. Contact him on Twitter at @chunkynerd.
Once again rubbish marketing tactic by OnePlus, first they're making us buy their phones and then state the value of the old device, who does that??? Posted via the Android Central App
You can go to ReGlobe and get a quote before you make a purchase. That's what I did.
You can directly sell your phone on ReGlobe. No need for OrderID or buying a OnePlus or even Amazon. At least I was able to sell my OPO to ReGlobe
Not only rubbish marketing, it's a trap. The customer service of OnePlus is the worst I've ever seen. Even for US customers, the responses were pathetic. So, think of someone calling from India. I'm sure they never ever reply :) The phones tend to break and it's gone. I suggest, shell out little more and buy popular brand phones, to have peace of mind.
Thankfully, I did not had to call their customer service for my OPO.
Although, I did face some issue with the microphone sometimes where the caller on the other end was not able to hear my voice clearly. Since, it did not occur all the time, I was not sure whether it was the phone or the crappy network.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.