As is the case with any major phone launch, there's a whole heck of a lot to take in when it comes to the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. First, you'll want to kick things off with our hands-on time and first impressions of the phones, and follow that up with our special edition podcast!
When you're ready to take in even more Galaxy S7 and S7 edge info, we have it all listed here for you.
So here are the basics. The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge are here. They have the latest specs and features from Samsung and they go on sale at the same time — pre-orders start Feb. 24 and sales start Mar. 11. Here are the details:
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge: Refined design, new 12MP camera and waterproofing
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge specs
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge: In pictures
- Galaxy S7 pre-orders start Feb. 23, in-store sales commence Mar. 11
- Galaxy S7 buyers are getting a free Gear VR and six games
Getting into more detail, these are some of the big stories surrounding the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. The phones will only come with 32GB of storage, but they also have an SD card slot to add 200GB more. The camera has been improved notably, and they're rated as IP68 waterproof as well. And oh, so much more:
- Samsung confirms Snapdragon 820, Exynos 8 Octa processors in the GS7
- The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will only come in 32GB internal storage variants
- Galaxy S7 and S7 edge stick with tried-and-true micro-USB port
- Galaxy S7's camera drops to 12MP, picks up 1.4-micron pixels and even faster focusing
- The Galaxy S7 is waterproof with an IP68 rating
- Galaxy S7 regains a microSD card — but shuns adoptable storage
- Galaxy S7 battery jumps to 3000 mAh, S7 edge goes all the way to 3600 mAh
- Galaxy S7 uses the existing Gear VR
It's natural every time a new phone comes out to compare it to the latest models from all of the manufacturers, and we've done a few right from the start to give you a better feel for these phones.
- Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6s Plus — a quick look
- Galaxy S7 and Nexus 6P — a quick look
- Spec showdown: Galaxy S7 vs. GS6 vs. GS5
- Spec showdown: Galaxy S7 vs. LG G5 vs. Nexus 6P vs. iPhone 6s Plus
And the information just keeps on coming. Check out some of our additional coverage of the phones!
- The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge have an always-on display
- Samsung Galaxy S7 lets you turn fast charging off, if you want
- Samsung Galaxy S7 includes Microsoft's suite of productivity apps
- Galaxy S7 dialer integrates Whitepages database to identify callers, prevent scam calls
- Galaxy S7 'Car Mode' integrates with Glympse for seamless location sharing to contacts
- Galaxy S7 versus LG G5 — who won MWC?
And you can't have a phone launch nowadays without a bunch of accessories to go along with it, and Samsung has gotten pretty good at launching some top-notch (albeit usually expensive) stuff. We have cases, chargers and all sorts of stuff here:
- Samsung's new Gear 360 camera lets you capture 360° video anywhere, edit it right on your GS7
- This is the Galaxy S7 edge S-View Flip Cover
- Samsung Galaxy S7 launch sees a new angled wireless fast charger
- This Galaxy S7 case from Samsung offers swappable camera lenses
- Samsung's Galaxy S7 battery case uses Qi wireless charging to keep your phone powered up
Win a Galaxy S7 from Android Central!
Excited now? You'll want to enter to win the Galaxy S7 from Android Central!
- Win a Galaxy S7 from Android Central!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Fit and feeling good: How I'm using Google Fit to stave off 2020's chaos
A summer spent indoors and the frantic pace of the fall launch season have left me being significantly less active this year, but with Google Fit and the TicWatch Pro 3, I'm trying to claw my way back.
Snapdragon chips are going to make Chromebooks even better
Snapdragon Chromebooks mean better battery life and connectivity. Both are things that most every Chromebook user wants more of!
I turned off my phone for a day and it was the best decision I made in 2020
The internet is great and useful for so many things. But a day without it was like a reboot inside me. You should try it.
Expand your Galaxy S10 storage with these microSD cards
Instead of spending more on your Galaxy S10 for more internal storage, take advantage of that microSD slot and save with external storage.