We've expected the Android-powered Acer A1 for quite some time now and things are beginning to fall in place for the rumored late 2009, early 2010 launch date to come to fruition. eXpansys is offering the Acer A1 for pre-order (in France and Germany) for roughly $570. The price may be a little steep but considering it's not yet subsidized and that it supposedly rocks Android 2.0 and comes with some stellar specs, we think this is definitely an Android phone we need to keep an eye on.
The Acer A1 specs are:
- Android 2.0
- Qualcomm 8250 768 MHz Processor
- 512 MB ROM / 256 MB RAM
- 3.5-inch touch-sensitive screen with WVGA resolution
- HSPA/WCDMA: 850, 1900, 2100 MHz - Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
- Quad-band GSM
- GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus
- 1350 mAh Battery
- 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm
The processor gets a significant speed boost when compared to other Android devices and everything else seems standard Android-fare. What do you guys think?
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.