Well will you look at that. We unveil the specs on the Verizon's Motorola Devour, and then Verizon decides to go ahead and announce the thing. And things are pretty much as we've already told you. 3.1-inch capacitive touchscreen at 320x480, optical trackpad, Android 1.6 with MotoBLUR, 1400 mAh battery, an 8GB microSD card already installed.
Weight is now listed at 5.89 ounces, so that brings it in under the Droid's 6 ounces, for those of you who were worried about that.
The Devour will be available in March for an as-yet undisclosed price. Full presser and one more pic after the break.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and LIBERTYVILLE, IL — Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the availability of Motorola DEVOUR™ in March. Motorola DEVOUR will be the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature MOTOBLUR™, Motorola’s unique Android™-powered content delivery service created to make wireless phones more personal and customizable.
MOTOBLUR is the first solution to sync contacts from work and personal e-mail services, including Gmail™, with posts, messages, photos and more from popular sites such as Facebook®, MySpace and Twitter. With MOTOBLUR, content is automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams.
- Touch-sensitive navigation pad
- 3.1” capacitive touch screen
- Pre-loaded applications such as Gmail, Google Talk™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™ with Google Maps Navigation.
- Android Market™ gives users access to more than 20,000 applications.
- Happenings Widget – MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on the home screen. Customers can flick through the latest updates and fire back responses using the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
- Universal Inbox – MOTOBLUR gathers texts, social network messages and e-mails into one home screen widget for quick response.
- Back-Up and Security – Contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed up automatically on the secure MOTOBLUR portal. The portal also allows customers to use the phone’s fully integrated aGPS to help locate the phone if misplaced. Remote wipe easily clears information from a lost device.
- 8 GB microSD™ card pre-installed
- Bluetooth® profiles supported: A2DP, HID, HSP, HFP, AVRCP and GAP
- To get the most from Motorola DEVOUR, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and a Data Package for smartphones. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access, and Nationwide Talk & Text plans begin at $59.99 monthly access. A Data Package for smartphones is $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
- Related devices: