Ara Wagoner and Andrew Martonik join Daniel Bader for a conversation about their Galaxy Note 10+ impressions, including a worthwhile detour into USB-C Power Delivery and PPS charging technology.
Google has ditched letter/food naming conventions for Android in favor of numbers. What we know as Android Q will simply become Android 10. The company has also redesigned Android branding and is putting tighter restrictions on its use.
Show Notes and Links:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ review: Coasting to victory
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ specs: More RAM, fewer jacks
- Best 45W Note 10+ Chargers
- From the Editor's Desk: Charging an arm and a leg (and a Note 10+)
- Say goodbye to tasty treats: Q release is simply 'Android 10'
- Google redesigns Android brand for first time since 2014, bringing new colors and robot head
- Android 10: Everything you need to know!
- Nokia shares its Android 10 roadmap with updates starting in Q4 2019
- Google Home Mini to be replaced by better-sounding 'Nest Mini' this fall
- Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A few good Kindle books can help you get through these tough times
One of my favorite pastimes in good times or bad is to curl up on the sofa with a good book, preferably on my Amazon Kindle. Here are some of the stories that have been distracting me over the past few weeks of lockdown and social isolation.
Top 6 things Google needs to add to Chrome OS to compete with Windows
Chrome OS has gotten pretty good in recent years — especially for tablets and touchscreens — but there’s always room to improve. Here’s my wishlist for my favorite lightweight laptop ecosystem.
Amazon Echo Frames review: Alexa comes for your eyes and ears
When I reviewed the Amazon Echo Buds in late 2019, I commented that they were a solid first attempt to help get Alexa out of the house and make her more useful on the go. The Echo Frames, which were announced at the same time as the Echo Buds, are the latest of Alexa's steps into the wider world. I'll tell you what I thought of them after my first few days with them.
The best flip phones you can buy in 2020
Smartphones are great, but they aren't for everybody. Whether you're after a simpler experience or just want the cheapest possible phone for calls, texts, and light browsing, these are the flip phones that should be on your radar.