New Moto Voice app now available for 2013 Moto phones
New features come to first generation models
The new version of Motorola's Touchless Control app, now rebadged as Moto Voice, has been updated today in a big way. Along with the bug fixing goodness that accompanies any and every app update, some of the new features from the 2014 Moto X have been pushed to the first generation Moto X phones. That means your Moto X, Droid Ultra, Droid MAXX and Droid Mini have some cool new features!
The official changelog:
- When Moto 360 is active, only your watch will respond to your voice
- Supported on: Droid Ultra, Droid Mini, Droid Maxx, Moto X (first generation)
- Customize your own launch phrase to make Moto Voice respond only to you
- Voice command support for YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp
- Turn on Talk to Me and other Moto modes through voice commands
- Support for Moto Hint and Moto 360
- User experience improvements and bug fixes
- Compatible only with Android 4.4 KitKat
The update is live on some of our own Moto phones here, so it's a good idea to have a look and see if yours is ready. Check via the link at the top of the post.
Big thanks to megatomic!
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Jerry is an amateur woodworker and struggling shade tree mechanic. There's nothing he can't take apart, but many things he can't reassemble. You'll find him writing and speaking his loud opinion on Android Central and occasionally on Twitter.
Android: It will make you a sexual tyrannosaurs, just like me.
My first computer had a 40Mb hard drive.