The Moto X's customizability through the Moto Maker site is an important differentiator for Motorola, and if the latest rumor from Twitter leaker @evleaks is to be believed, the apparent successor to that phone, dubbed "Moto X+1" could take things a step further with new backplates, including leather and wood options.
The 25 back panel varieties listed in today's leak include —
- Cool: Navy, Turquoise, Olive, Royal Blue, Dark Teal
- Neutral: Slate, Purple, Smoke, Black, Chalk
- Warm: Red, Orange, Lemon Lime, Violet, Crimson, Raspberry, Cabernet
- Wood: Teak, Bamboo, Rosewood, Ebony
- Leather: Black, Red, Grey, Blue
If today's list turns out to be accurate, the new leather-backed options are sure to attract attention, as this kind of finish has so far been the purview of exclusive smartphone brands like Vertu.
So would you buy a leather-backed, second-gen Moto X? Shout out in the comments!