If you're in the market for a new smartphone, Huawei's Mate 9 may have crossed your radar. Right now you can pick one up for just $449.99 (opens in new tab) at Amazon, which is a savings of $50 from its regular price. Being unlocked, you can buy this and pop in the SIM card of your choice (from a compatible GSM carrier) and be on your way with the phone. Unfortunately, it will not work on either Verizon or Sprint.
- Integrated with Alexa voice service. Just tap and ask Alexa to enjoy thousands of skills on the go, such as hearing the latest news, weather and traffic reports, check Sport scores, and much more.
- Enjoy revolutionary two-day battery life with a large 4000Mah battery and smart power-saving technology. Huawei supercharge technology safely charges the Device for a full day's power in 20 minutes.
- Second-generation Leica Dual Camera with a 12MP RGB sensor and 20MP monochrome sensor renders images in unprecedented detail for exceptional results that take you from mere photography to artistry.
- 5.9 inch screen with 3-months Complimentary screen protection. Dual SIM (Primary Nano SIM + Micro SD, and secondary Nano SIM slot) to support 1334 carriers in 217 countries and Regions.
- Four noise-cancelling microphones with directional audio capture eliminate background noise and improve call quality. No support for Wi-Fi calling.
This is a match of the lowest price we've seen at Amazon. You get a whole lot of phone for the money, so don't miss out on this deal.
See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
More from Thrifter:
For more great deals be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
Too bad it won't work on Verizon. It's a nice looking phone with decent specs.
Decent specs? When released it was a full fledged flagship. Better than most actually. Great performance and far better battery life than the mainstream flagships.
Why do so many of these phones not work with Sprint or Verizon? The Axon 7 doesn't either. Moto has no trouble making its phones compatible with all 4 carriers.
Different radio tech, Verizon and Sprint are among the last of the CDMA networks globally, saves money not having the radios installed. It's a shame, because T-mobile can't compete with Verizon in the mid west. Dead zones all over in rural areas, poor reception in doors, especially basements.
This is a pretty good deal. I bought mine at the original full price ($599) and don't regret the decision in the slightest. That said, with the Mate 10 only a few months away, the price is bound to keep falling. So a little patience is advisable for those who don't need a new handset right now.
Only buy a Mate 9 if you don't care about security updates. My Mate 9 is a wonderful phone but unfortunately, in spite of rumors that the phone is being updated, mine is mired on the April 2017 update. 4 updates behind is unacceptable I won't buy another Huawei phone until the commit to more timely updates.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.