Just six short days after its release, the Nexus S is getting its first over-the-air update, bringing the system to GRH78. The update apparently "contains important bug fixes plus the latest version of Maps."
If you don't feel like waiting for the OTA (and who does?) here's the manual method. Note you'll need to be using the stock recovery image if you want to go this route.
- Download the file from Google right here
- Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
- Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
- Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
- When you see the triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update
Now we get to tear it apart and try to find what has changed, discuss it all in the Nexus S forums. Thanks mojonation1487!
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title is Resident Evil Village. This eerie game takes players to a snowy European village where Ethan must deal with witches, werewolves and more. Here's everything we know.
The next phone you buy could have a MediaTek processor, not a Snapdragon
We need competition in the mobile SoC space, and that competition could very well be MediaTek and its Dimensity line of chips.
The Last of Us Part 2 is getting more difficulty options with Grounded mode
Naughty Dog has announced a new Grounded update for The Last of Us Part 2. This update adds Grounded mode, permadeath options, new rendering modes and accessibility options.
These cases provide all the protection your Galaxy A11 will need
If you want to go with Samsung but don't want to get a flagship like the S20, why not go with a more budget-friendly option like the Galaxy A11? This phone gives you the look of a flagship smartphone at just a portion of the cost. But even though you're saving some dough, you'll want to make sure that your investment is protected, so why not get a new case?