Daniel Bader, Andrew Martonik, and Russell Holly convene once again via a series of tubes to discuss lots of hot topics in Android news. First, Epic Games is bypassing the Google Play Store for upcoming Android release of Fortnite — requiring users to side-load the game and pay for in-app purchases directly to Epic. Next, Android P finally has a name: Android 9 Pie! While not as catchy as 'petit four' or 'pumpkin spice latte', it's less controversial than the great 'New-git/New-gah' wars of 2016.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9? Never heard of it. But the Galaxy Tab S4 is here; with high end specs, build quality, and a price tag to match. A full review is still forthcoming, but comparisons to iPad and Chromebooks are plentiful.
In the home stretch, Moto Z3 is officially coming to Verizon on August 16th. It's the first "5G-upgradeable" smartphone thanks to a Moto Mod expected in 2019.
Show Notes and Links:
- Epic Games' strategy for Fortnite on Android is stupid, greedy, and dangerous
- Android P is Android 9 Pie
- Everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 hands-on preview: The two-faced tablet
- The Moto Z3 is official, coming to Verizon on August 16
- Moto Z3 hands-on preview: A Verizon exclusive with 5G flourish
- Ziprecruiter: The smartest way to hire. Try ZipRecruiter for free. That's right FREE!
- LightStream LightStream rewards consumers who have good credit with a great interest rate and no fees!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
We have to get used to a future without free accessories
If not this year, then next year, And if not Samsung, then insert another brand because it's going to happen thanks to Apple's "innovation" of making less seem like more.
These small Android phones fit your hand and pocket perfectly
Not everyone wants to wield a giant smartphone. Here are our top picks for the best small phone you can buy.
T-Mobile's TVision streaming service offers live TV for just $10/month
It's a new day, which means it's time for another streaming service. T-Mobile is launching TVision, which includes multiple plans (starting at just $10/month) for live TV streaming.
Keep your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra shatter-free with these screen protectors
With the Note 20 Ultra, you're getting one of the best displays currently available on a smartphone. Want to make sure it stays that way? Get a screen protector!