The LG G3 has its own do not disturb feature, here's what you need to know
Android L might be bringing – finally – a fully fledged do not disturb mode baked in to the operating system, but with the LG G3 you're already getting something along those lines with quiet mode. Activated either manually or at set times of the day, quiet mode has various configurable features to help give you the best experience.
Read on to see what it can do for you.
How to activate quiet mode
Quiet mode can turn itself on and off daily at certain times or it can be done manually. Whichever you prefer, it needs activating first in the G3s settings menu or in the notification tray. You'll find it in Settings > Sound > Quiet mode where you're given a toggle to turn it on and the items you can configure.
If you want to be able to turn quiet mode on and off from the notification tray you'll need to ensure the toggle has been added. If it's not, scroll all the way to the right where you'll find the "Edit" toggle. Tapping this brings up a list of all the available toggles you can have in your notification tray. Make sure quiet mode is checked and you'll be able to turn it on with a single tap.
You can also schedule the times you want quiet mode to activate, say, when you go to bed at night. When you're inside the quiet mode menu in Settings, hit "set time," then "schedule." From there just pick the days of the week and times you want it to turn on and turn off.
What you can do with Quiet Mode
Now we know how to turn it on and off, here's a quick run through of the user configurable options in quiet mode.
- Sound profile - You get the choice of either silent or vibrate only modes when quiet mode is enabled.
- Set time - As discussed above, used to schedule when you'd like quiet mode to automatically turn on and off every day.
- Block notification LED - The LED on the G3 isn't the brightest thing in the world, but if you'd rather it stopped blinking then check this box.
- Block alarms - Generally if you don't want to be disturbed by an alarm you'd turn the alarm off. Enabling this makes sure in those times you forget. The screen won't turn on and no sounds will be made but this only applies if you're using the stock, LG alarm clock app.
- Block incoming calls - If you're not wanting your phone to disturb you, there's a good chance that extends to receiving calls, too. The G3 will block incoming calls with a separate option to allow repeated calls – two calls within three minutes from the same number – to get through so you'll still be contactable in those situations it's really, truly necessary. You can also choose to allow calls from pre-selected numbers to still get through, and to send a message to callers when quiet mode is enabled.
That's all there is to it. If you don't like switching your phone off at night, or in meetings, or any number of other situations, quiet mode will cover the bases for you.
Watch all your favorite Hallmark Christmas movies for just $10 — here's how
Hallmark movies are a staple of any Christmas tradition. Whether you want to binge those or anything else you can think of, this $10 Black Friday deal for a month of Philo is a streaming offer you can't ignore.
Why you should use a monitor arm for better productivity and posture
Get your monitor up off of your desk! Your neck and eyes will thank you and you'll be able to go for that minimalistic look or just have more desktop space to fill up.
Keep your phone charged 24/7 with this $15 battery pack Black Friday deal
From more convenient charging at home or on-the-go, there's no denying the importance of a portable charger. This one from Mophie is down to a seriously low $15 price for Black Friday.
These are the best cases for your brand new Pixel 4a 5G!
The Pixel 4a 5G looks boring in Just Black, but we can fix that! These cases are fun, fashionable, functional, and ready to carry your Pixel 4a 5G into the future.