The LG G3 has its own do not disturb feature, here's what you need to know
Android L might be bringing – finally – a fully fledged do not disturb mode baked in to the operating system, but with the LG G3 you're already getting something along those lines with quiet mode. Activated either manually or at set times of the day, quiet mode has various configurable features to help give you the best experience.
Read on to see what it can do for you.
How to activate quiet mode
Quiet mode can turn itself on and off daily at certain times or it can be done manually. Whichever you prefer, it needs activating first in the G3s settings menu or in the notification tray. You'll find it in Settings > Sound > Quiet mode where you're given a toggle to turn it on and the items you can configure.
If you want to be able to turn quiet mode on and off from the notification tray you'll need to ensure the toggle has been added. If it's not, scroll all the way to the right where you'll find the "Edit" toggle. Tapping this brings up a list of all the available toggles you can have in your notification tray. Make sure quiet mode is checked and you'll be able to turn it on with a single tap.
You can also schedule the times you want quiet mode to activate, say, when you go to bed at night. When you're inside the quiet mode menu in Settings, hit "set time," then "schedule." From there just pick the days of the week and times you want it to turn on and turn off.
What you can do with Quiet Mode
Now we know how to turn it on and off, here's a quick run through of the user configurable options in quiet mode.
- Sound profile - You get the choice of either silent or vibrate only modes when quiet mode is enabled.
- Set time - As discussed above, used to schedule when you'd like quiet mode to automatically turn on and off every day.
- Block notification LED - The LED on the G3 isn't the brightest thing in the world, but if you'd rather it stopped blinking then check this box.
- Block alarms - Generally if you don't want to be disturbed by an alarm you'd turn the alarm off. Enabling this makes sure in those times you forget. The screen won't turn on and no sounds will be made but this only applies if you're using the stock, LG alarm clock app.
- Block incoming calls - If you're not wanting your phone to disturb you, there's a good chance that extends to receiving calls, too. The G3 will block incoming calls with a separate option to allow repeated calls – two calls within three minutes from the same number – to get through so you'll still be contactable in those situations it's really, truly necessary. You can also choose to allow calls from pre-selected numbers to still get through, and to send a message to callers when quiet mode is enabled.
That's all there is to it. If you don't like switching your phone off at night, or in meetings, or any number of other situations, quiet mode will cover the bases for you.
Nokia launches two new budget Android One phones under $200
Nokia 2.4 and Nokia 3.4 are the latest additions to HMD Global's budget smartphone lineup. Since they are both Android One devices, they are guaranteed to receive two major OS updates and regular security updates for up to three years.
Everything we know (so far) about the Google Pixel 5
We're still months out from Google unveiling the Pixel 5, but that doesn't mean it's too early to speculate what it might offer. Here's everything we know so far!
Oculus Quest 2 is already out of stock and backordered at some retailers
It was only a matter of time, but it looks like Facebook is already selling out of its initial stock of the Oculus Quest 2, as some retailers are now showing delayed shipping dates.
Grab a great case for your Google Pixel 4a!
The Pixel 4a is a great phone for an even greater price, but it isn't the most flashy phone on the market. Thankfully, there are flashy, fashionable, and dependable cases out there you can grab to spice things up!