Just because you forgot to start a workout from your phone or wrist means that data is gone forever. It's super easy to add past activities to Google Fit!
Products Used In This Guide
How to add a workout you've already completed
If you've already completed your workout but forgot to turn on tracking, no need to fear! It's easy to manually enter a workout you've already finished:
- Open the Google Fit application.
- Tap the Plus Sign in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Add activity.
- By default, Google Fit will use the same workout that you last tracked. If you need to change this, tap the drop down menu near the top.
- Tap the activity type you're entering.
- Fill out the form with your activity title, duration, any notes, calories burned, steps taken and/or miles completed.
- The app will automatically calculate your Move Minutes and Heart Points.
- Tap Save at the top of the screen.
Your activity will be added to your journal, just as if you tracked it it the first place. And that's it!
Our top equipment picks
If you're all in on Google Fit, it's worth getting a Wear OS watch to track your workouts right from your wrist.
The best watch for Google Fit
Mobvoi TicWatch Pro
The best Wear OS watch is also the best for tracking your workouts.
The Ticwatch Pro features a GPS tracker, heart-rate monitor, and NFC payments.
The Ticwatch Pro is a great smartwatch, and an even better fitness tracker. You get a GPS sensor to better track your jogs, a heart-rate monitor, and an NFC chip for Google Pay.
I was hoping that this article would answer the question I have every time I try to do this, which is how do I know how many calories were burned? if my watch measures the activity, it also adds it to Google fit and so I don't need to add it manually. If I add it manually, it is because my watch didn't measure it and therefore I don't know how many calories it is.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.