Google's Nest Hub is making its way to Legoland hotel rooms in California and New York
What you need to know
- Google's hands-free, voice-first experience on Nest Hub smart displays is now available in guest rooms at Legoland hotels.
- Guests can use Google Assistant on Nest Hub smart displays at Legoland hotels to do things like find help, play music, get recommendations for local restaurants, and more.
- Guests won't have to sign in to the device to access the features.
Google introduced a new hospitality solution offering a hands-free, voice first experience with Google Assistant last year. The solution, which is already available in several hotels across the U.S. and U.K., is now expanding to Legoland hotels. Guests can now access "the best of Google" at both Legoland Hotel and Legoland California Resort, as well as the new Legoland Hotel at Legoland New York Resort.
You can use Google Assistant on Google's best smart display at Legoland hotels to find help from hotel staff, listen to the news, get park information, receive local restaurant recommendations from the hotel's concierge, set an alarm, and check the weather. You'll also be able to take a YouTube tour of the Legoland theme park on the Nest Hub before your visit. International guests can use the Assistant as their interpreter for up to 30 languages.
You won't need to sign in to the device to start using these features, which means no activity will be linked to your Google account. The Nest Hub doesn't have a camera either, and the microphone can be easily turned off using the physical switch. Google also says that all activities are automatically wiped from the device when it is reset for the next guest.
Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) Smart Display
It may not be a massive upgrade over its predecessor, but the second-gen Nest Hub does offer a few features that you won't find on other smart displays. It comes equipped with same Soli sensor as the Google Pixel 4, allowing it to track your sleep habits.
- $100 at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
- $100 at B&H (opens in new tab)
- $100 at Walmart (opens in new tab)
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.