The LG G4 is coming to folks in the great white north on June 19.
LG has announced that its latest flagship, the LG G4 will be available to purchase in Canada starting on June 19. The device will launch on five carriers, including Bell, Rogers, TELUS, Videotron, and WIND Mobile.
While we now know when folks in Canada will be able to get their hands on LG's latest, we still have yet to hear pricing details. However, we wouldn't expect it to be too far off from U.S. prices, which peg the G4 at around $200 on contract and $600 without a two-year agreement. For exact details, we'll just have to wait until the carriers inevitibly follow up with their own announcements.
In the meantime, be sure to check out our LG G4 review from the link below, and let us know if you plan on picking one of these babies up in a couple of weeks.
The LG G4 to Launch in Canada June 19th
TORONTO, June 4, 2015
Leather-Clad Smartphone with Best-in-Class Camera hits Canadian Market
TORONTO, June 4, 2015 /CNW/ - Canadians can get their hands on the much anticipated LG G4 smartphone beginning June 19th. Since its global introduction, the LG G4 has been widely praised for its exceptional camera, vivid and expansive display, and willingness to set new rules defining what a premium mobile device can deliver.
"With a breath-taking camera and unique leather-back design, the LG G4 is our most ambitious smartphone yet. It represents an industry game-changer, re-imagining what is possible in smartphone photography, display and design," said Ross Snow, Vice-President, Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Canada. "LG Canada is thrilled to join with our carrier partners — Bell, Rogers, TELUS, Videotron and WIND Mobile —to bring this stunning smartphone to the Canadian market."
Highlights of the LG G4 include:
- Handcrafted, genuine full grain leather back cover in addition to a metallic grey cover inspired by artisan design included with purchase (see LG's leather craft at work at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QWdvNvLLQ)
- First flagship smartphone available for sale in Canada with a F1.8 aperture rear lens and 16MP resolution supported by Colour Spectrum Sensor (CSS) and a new Manual Mode (video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5fqV7j0Cmk)
- Front 8MP camera and Gesture Interval Shot for perfect selfies every time which can then be saved to the removable microSD card*
- Vivid IPS Quantum Display which offers 20 per cent greater colour reproduction, 25 per cent improvement in brightness and 50 per cent greater contrast**
- First smartphone to utilize Qualcomm's newest Snapdragon™ 808 Processor with X10 LTE for the best balance of performance and power savings
- High-capacity 3,000mAh removable battery Slim Arc exterior design for a more comfortable grip and greater durability if dropped
- Pricing will be determined by carriers. For more information please visit: LGG4.ca
*Sold separately **Compared to the LG G3
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is an innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit http://www.LG.com
About LG Electronics Canada
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com
- Read our full review
- Get the latest news
- Get help and tips
- Camera showdown vs. GS6 and iPhone 6!
- Complete LG G4 specs
- Join the discussion
- Where to buy the LG G4
Newer model: LG G5