As it rapidly approaches a final, stable release, CyanogenMod 9 has reached the second release candidate milestone, or RC2. CM9, based upon Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, supports dozens of devices, and the latest release candidate adds support for several high-profile Samsung phones and tablets --
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (all variants)
- Samsung Galaxy SII on AT&T – Skyrocket
- Samsung Galaxy SII on T-Mobile – Hercules
- Samsung Galaxy Note on AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy SIII – i9300 (International GSM model)
In addition, CyanogenMod lead Steve Kondik says the new release includes bug fixes and new translations, and stabilizes CM into "a product that you’d let your mom use." As for the full, final, stable version of CM9, Steve says should be "just around the corner." Once CM9's out the door, work on the next version, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, should begin in earnest.
If you know what you're doing and want to skip straight to the download, check our linkage below.
- Filed under: