Amazon is pushing out Software Version 6.2.2 for the Kindle Fire over the air, and it's also available for manual installation. Here's what's new:
- Enhances fluidity and performance.
- Improves support for manually setting up e-mail providers in the e-mail app
- Adds full-screen browsing
The upate is currently pushing out over the air. But if you just can't wait, you can also install it manually. Here's how:
- Make sure you have at least 40 percent battery charge.
- Download the update-kindle-6.2.2_D01E_3205220 file from Amazon here.
- Plug in your Kindle Fire and open a file explorer. Move the update-kindle-6.2.2_D01E_3205220 file to the kindleupdates folder.
- Disconnect your Kindle Fire.
- Go to the quick settings at the top of the screen. Choose More>Update your Kindle.
- Sit back and relax. It'll restart a couple times.
And that's it!