What you need to know
- You can now play Google Stadia on iOS.
- That's thanks to a workaround app called 'Stadium Full Screen Browser.'
- It's a full screen web browser that even features controller support.
A new workaround app called 'Stadium Full Screen Browser' will let users play Google Stadia through a web browser on iOS 14.
Reddit user zmknox took to r/Stadia to announce a new highly specialized browser app for iOS, available to download from the App Store. From the post:
There are some pretty specific steps you need to follow to use the app with Stadia. From the post:
- Set primary URL to https://stadia.google.com/home
- Set user agent to Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36
- In the … menu, select Authenticate, and visit https://accounts.google.com/
- After you've signed in to your Google account, tap done. You may also need to select "Go Home" from the … menu.
- That's it! Now every time you launch Stadium, it brings you right to the Stadia landing page.
The post says the browser is free and has no ads or tracking code. It reportedly works with Made for iPhone game controllers including the Xbox One S and Elite Series 2 controller, and PlayStation's DualShock 4 controller. Ironically, the only controller that definitely doesn't seem to work os the Google Stadia Controller.
If you're interested in this workaround and try it out, be sure to let us know how it goes in the comments or over on Twitter!
Have you listened to this week's Android Central Podcast?
Every week, the Android Central Podcast brings you the latest tech news, analysis and hot takes, with familiar co-hosts and special guests.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android