Great news for T-Mobile G2 users who have been patiently waiting for their Gingerbread update, as it is going to start rolling out today via OTA.
The update will be to Android 2.3.3 and will bring:
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
- Tell HTC
- Google Books added
- Notification bar color scheme is changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone, and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added. Green when connected to Google servers. Grey when not connected.
- Pressing the power key while on a call disables the proximity sensor
Fixed or improved issues:
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- New SMS and email notification improvements
- Improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery
To check to see if you have it yet: Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates
T-Mobile said that they're rolling this out over 'the coming weeks' so if you don't have it yet sit tight, it's coming. If you were lucky enough to receive the update already or want to see how it's working for everyone else, visit our G2 Forum.
Didn't get it. But its still great to see that its here. Also is there a reason why they just can't OTA to everyone.
If you are rooted, and are running anything else other than stock, you will not get any notifications..... I have not received a notification since the last Nov-2010 OTA....since I have been running all kinds of ROMS....including 2.3.4 GB is old news man ;)
why not 2.3.4
It is according to someone in the TMo support forums. Android Version: 2.3.4
Kernel: 22.214.171.124 (bunch of letter and numbers after)
Build: 2.15.531.3 (CL number after - release keys)
Is there a link for the Gingerbread OTA yet?
Will I still be getting the OTA update even though I have the leaked version?
nothing yet heres hoping for later tonight
I'm so excited! I love my g2 and can't wait to get gb!
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.