Daniel Bader, Andrew Martonik, and Jerry Hildenbrand gather to discuss the very late arrival of Android Oreo on Galaxy Note 8 and use of emoji as an adjunct to written language.
From there, they do an incredibly detailed pixel peep of the Galaxy S9+ camera compared to Google's Pixel 2 XL. They say podcasts are the theatre of the mind, but you'll want to take a look at these photos for yourself: Galaxy S9+ vs. Pixel 2 XL: Which camera is best?
The gang also talk about OnePlus 6 and Huawei P20 rumors, the importance of brand loyalty, and Huawei's loss of Best Buy as a retailer. Finally, they share how permissions are being leveraged to an abusive degree by the Facebook app on Android.
Show Notes and Links:
- Android Oreo is starting to arrive on the Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy note 8 Oreo: What's new in 8.0 for the Note
- These are the U.S. carriers that have updated the Galaxy S8 to Android Oreo
- This Is The Best Time To Buy A Used Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S9+ vs. Galaxy S7 edge: Should you upgrade?
- Galaxy S9+ vs. Pixel 2 XL: Which camera is best?
- Google is reportedly buying Lytro for no more than $40 million
- OnePlus 6 to reportedly come with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage
- This is what the OnePlus 6 could look like
- This is our best look yet at the LG G7
- Huawei P20 rumors
- Huawei loses another U.S. partner as Best Buy plans to stop selling its products
- Does phone brand loyalty still matter?
- Facebook never earned your trust and now we're all paying the price
- Thrifter.com: All the best deals from Amazon, Best Buy, and more, fussily curated and constantly updated.
- GameStash: Hundreds of awesome games on your Android phone. Try it free for 14 days!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
First Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 update enables blood oxygen detection feature
Samsung has started rolling out the first software update for its Galaxy Watch 3. The update adds support for blood oxygen monitoring, VO2max, sleep scores, and more.
What's your favorite color for the Galaxy Note 20?
There are five stunning colors available for the Galaxy Note 20 series, but which one is the best? Here's what some of our AC forum members have to say.
The Google Pixel 4a is all the phone I need right now
You can keep your $1,300+ Mystic Bronze Galaxy Note 20 Ultras and Z Fold 2s, I'm going to head on over to the new and improved mid-tier and park it. There's never been a better time to spend a reasonable amount of money on a quality smartphone like the Google Pixel 4a.
Protect your Galaxy S9+ with these stylish cases
Keeping your Galaxy S9+ in good condition will be important if you plan to trade it in for a new phone sometime in 2020 or beyond. Here are some cases that can help.