Word on the street is that Verizon's Motorola Devour is in line for a maintenance upgrade on Monday. No, it's not Android 2.1 or anything as sexy as that (the 2.1 update is still "under evaluation"). But here's what you are getting:
- Improved response time when menu, home and back keys are pressed.
- Adjustments to improve the accuracy of signal strength indicators on the display.
- Stability improvements made to browser, contacts and VCAST Music apps.
- Improved incoming call performance.
- Volume keys now work when you're in the mobile IM app.
- Fix for picture orientation on upload.
- Fix to make it easier to delete POP3 e-mail accounts.
- Changed display on the e-mail account setup.
- Change to Exchange calendar agenda view to show meeting titles
- Verizon.net e-mail accounts now auto-configure.
- Improvements to ringer, voice dialing and multimedia audio when using a headset.
- Update Google apps.
So, look for the update -- version CALAND_X_01.15.08P, if you're keeping track -- next week. And be sure to let us know if it makes your life any easier. Thanks, anon!
Are you impressed with the Galaxy S20 Ultra's 100x zoom?
There's a lot of talk about the Galaxy S20 Ultra's 100x zoom, but have you really been impressed with its results? Here's what some of our AC forum members think.
Google Nest finally fixes 12 hour camera outage
Google has restored service to Nest camera users after a lengthy period of downtime overnight.
Everything you need to know about the Huawei P40 and P40 Pro
Huawei is getting ready to enter 2020 with a splash thanks to its upcoming P40 and P40 Pro smartphones. Here's everything we know about the phones' specs, design, release, and more.
The best portable instant photo printers for Android devices
You're on the move and making memories on your mobile, but why not try and make those memories a little more permanent?