Just get a new Fitbit Charge 3? Here's how to set it up in just a couple minutes with an Android phone!
Products used in this guide
- Track it all: Fitbit Charge 3 ($98 at Amazon)
How to set up the Charge 3 using an Android phone
First thing's first, you'll need to download the Fitbit app on your phone if you don't alredy have it. To do this:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Search for Fitbit.
- Tap Install and wait for it to download.
How to set up your Fitbit Charge 3
- Open the Fitbit app on your phone and tap Join Fitbit or Log in.
- Enter your email and password to log in, or enter your information to create a brand new account.
- Tap the checkbox next to Location Permissions.
- Tap Allow on the pop-up.
- Tap the Account button (the one at the top right that looks like an ID card).
- Tap Set up a Device.
- Tap Charge 3 from the list.
- Tap Set Up Your Fitbit Charge 3.
- Scroll down and tap I Agree.
- Plug your Charge 3 into the charger and then tap Next per the instructions.
- Type in the numbers shown on the Charge 3's screen.
- Tap Install Update Now.
- Wait for the update to download and install.
- Tap Continue once it's finished.
- Follow the on-screen tips and tap Next on each page to continue.
- Tap Done after all of these.
- Tap Okay to accept connectivity features.
With all of that done, you've now successfully set up your Fitbit Charge 3. Now get out there and break a sweat!
Our top equipment picks
Fitness and smart features in one great package.
Fitbit's been making fitness tracking gadgets since 2013, and the Charge 3 is easily the company's best fitness band to date. Not only does it offer just about every health/fitness feature you could ask for, but it also comes equipped with notification support, mobile payments via Fitbit Pay, outstanding battery life, and so much more.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android