Best answer: The Kindle Paperwhite is capable of around 28 hours of battery life, from full-charge to entirely spent. How long that 28 hours lasts, however, is up to how you use it. Plus, the battery life can be extended with some helpful power-saving tips and tricks.
How long will my Kindle Paperwhite battery last?
While the standard life of a Kindle Paperwhite battery is roughly 28 hours in total from fully charged to dead dry, just how long that time lasts can vary depending on how you use it. For those who do just a little light reading now and then, a month or more could go by between plug-ins. For those who keep their device on and active continuously, it will give you just over a solid day of use, possibly less if additional features are constantly running.
While it has a shorter battery life than earlier models of the Paperwhite, our previous review notes that it includes "more LEDs, allowing for more uniform lighting when reading at night or under artificial lighting." This trade-off of additional LEDs for a shorter battery life means that the device is much more user-friendly.
How can I extend my Kindle Paperwhite battery life?
If you are concerned about your Kindle Paperwhite's battery life, no worries. Lucky for you, there are some ways you can extend your Kindle Paperwhite's battery life with just a few alterations to its default settings.
- Turn down the backlight, or switch it off entirely if you aren't reading in the dark or dim light. Screens and backlights are typically the worst culprits in battery life loss.
- Plug your Kindle Paperwhite into a computer when downloading new books. This not only gives it a little bit of juice but uploads the files in a less power-taxing way, delivering them through the USB rather than the device's Wi-Fi.
- When not using your Kindle Paperwhite, shut the device down completely, or put it in sleep mode for a more responsive restart.
- Try not to keep your device in overly warm or overly cold places, as this can lead to the dissipation of the battery power.
- As often as possible, allow the battery to run down to either empty or very near empty. Over-charging the unit will eventually lead to a shortened battery lifespan overall.
If you continue to experience battery issues, the problem may be the battery itself. If your device is not covered under warranty, replacement batteries can be purchased from third-party servicing suppliers.
The latest device in the Kindle e-reader lineup, the Paperwhite has a faster processor, a clearer display and is now water-resistant. This device is simply the best balance of features and price, making it the go-to e-reader for any consumer.
Keep your Kindle Paperwhite powered up with this high quality and low-cost AmazonBasics USB wall charger.
Link up with the AmazonBasics affordable USB charge cord, and keep your device powered up with both wall-charger and computer USB connectivity.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Keep your Galaxy Note 10 Lite looking pristine with the best cases
Getting a new phone is always exciting, especially when it's as intriguing as the Note 10 Lite. You still need to protect your investment and these are the best cases you can get today!
Keep your Quest safe with these great storage cases
The last thing you want is for your Quest lenses to get scratched in transit. These storage cases will keep everything protected, inside and outside, for either the original Quest or the new Quest 2.
These backpacks make it easy to transport and protect your Chromebook
If you are a frequent traveler and want a way to keep your Chromebook protected, then you are in luck. We have found and compiled a list of the best backpacks that you can get for your Chromebook in 2020.