Verizon has unleashed a bevy of press releases -- 16 in all, if you count one market getting two releases -- announcing expansion of its 4G LTE network to some 22 markets, and the expansion of two others. That means if you have the HTC ThunderBolt, LG Revolution, Motorola Droid Bionic, Samsung Droid Charge or Verizon's LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, you'll be able to take advantage of the faster data speeds.
Starting Oct. 20 (or maybe even a day or so sooner if tradition continues), the following markets will see 4G LTE:
- Fort Myers, Fla. (LTE currently is available in the airport)
- Buffalo/Niagara, N.Y.
- Sioux City, Iowa
- Terre Haute, Ind.
- Albuquerque, N.M.
- Birmingham, Ala. (The footprint will also extend out I-65 North to Cullman, I-59 North to Springville, I-20 East to Moody, Highway 280 East to Harpersville, I-65 South to Calera, I-59 West to Bessemer and Highway 78 West to Jasper.)
- Santa Fe, N.M.
- Evansville, Ind.
- Bloomington, Bedford and Mitchcell, Ind.
- South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart, and Goshen, Ind.
- Green Bay, Wis.
- Modesto, Calif.
- Stockton, Calif.
- Hagerstown and Western Maryland
- Expansion in Los Angeles and San Diego
If you're in or around any of those areas, get ready for some seriously fast data speeds. And maybe consider a spare battery -- that LTE likes the juice.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: