The Sony Xperia Tablet S didn't make a huge splash when it was announced last week at IFA, seeing as it looked like not much more than a marginally souped-up version of its predecessor, but this batch of video demos may change your mind. They go over a lot of the new software features that Sony is launching in their latest tablet, including guest mode, small apps, the universal remote, a Walkman app, and the custom multimedia album.
The Sony Xperia Tablet S is a decent step up from the original Sony tablet. Here's a quick run-down of the specs. A closer look is available over here in our hands-on video.
- Slim new aluminium body and splash-proof design
- 9.4” HD display (1,280 x 800 IPS) with OptiContrast Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- Weight: 1.31 lb
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
- 1-megapixel HD front camera
- 8-megapixel rear camera
- SD Card slot
- 16GB internal storage
The videos were uploaded around the same time as the announcement, but was tucked away in a separate YouTube channel for Canadian Sony Trainer reps. Are you guys finding any particularly interesting features in the videos below?