Think Optimus G Pro, only smaller, and only in South Korea for now
LG tonight has announced the Optimus GK, basically taking the better parts of the LG Optimus G Pro and scaling things down into a slightly more manageable 5-inch form factor in line with its recently release national cousin, the Samsung Galaxy S4.
The Optimus GK is a tad taller and thicker than the Galaxy S4 -- and as of this announcement it's only destined for South Korea. But we've been pleasantly surprised by the larger Optimus G Pro, and chances are its little brother will be equally well-designed. It's got a 5-inch IPS display at 1,080 by 1,920 resolution, a 3,100 mAh battery and is running Android 4.1.2 on a Snapdragon 600 platform.
Plus, this one's got the same Photosphere feature -- called VR Panorama here -- as the Optimus G Pro (thanks, LG, but license that thing out already!) as well as the dual video recording that was first made available in an update for the Optimus G Pro and is also a feature on on the Galaxy S4. Yes, the back-and-forth feature battle is alive and well in the southern part of the Korean peninsula.
So if you're looking forward to AT&T's upcoming Optimus G Pro this week (we'll be at Wednesday's launch event in New York City, by the way) but don't want that oversized form factor, this might be the phone for you. Just hang tight and hope we get it here in the states.
Hit the link below for the full translation, and keep on keepin' on for the full specs.
LG Optimus GK specs
- AbsSize 139.1 * 69.9 * 9.9 mm
- Weight 156g
- Color Platinum White (Platinum White) / Black Indigo (Indigo Black)
- 3G HSPA + network 4G LTE
- chipset, 1.7GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 600
- display, 5-inch Full HD IPS display (1920x1080), Zerogap Touch
- 13MP rear camera, 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Battery 3,100 mAh / built-in
- memory, 2GB DDR2 RAM / 16GB eMMC / microSD slot support (64GB)
- Operating System Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0,
- USB 2.0,
- Wi-Fi, Wi- Currently pending the a Direct Fi (802.11 a / b / g / n (5GHz))
- SlimPort (HDMI monitor for display port (D-Sub) Supports)