Update: Grrr. Sam's Club, folks. Not Costco.
Fresh in from our folks behind the shelves at
Costco Sam's Club, we have some new info about upcoming releases. In handy bullet point form are the following:
- Motorola Droid Bionic. "Pushed to September." Hard to say exactly what this means for the actual Verizon launch date of the Droid Bionic. Presumably one is tied to the other, but a September launch for the DB at Costco doesn't by any means mean Verizon's launch date has slipped. (And, yes, we're fully aware of that MDB228 Twitter account -- which might or might not be legit -- pointing to a possible Aug. 4 launch.)
- LG Thrill. "Late July." That's this week, right? We still don't have an official launch date for AT&T's version of the LG Optimus 3D, but we're expecting it any time now.
- HTC Status. "Late July." OK. Makes sense, seeing as how it officially became available on AT&T last Sunday.
- Samsung Conquer. "Pushed to late August." We've seen a July 24 date (hey, that's today!) attached to Sam's Club, but the phone has yet to be announced, never mind that Samsung accidentally leaked it out already.
- Motorola Photon 4G. "Pushed to late July." No surprise there either, seeing as how it officially launches on July 31.
So, that's that. We're still in agreement that we'll see the Droid Bionic sooner rather than later, but these things aren't official until they're official. But if you're waiting to get it at
Costco, Sam's Club you might have a few extra weeks to hang on.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: