What you need to know
- OnePlus' latest social media contest lets you get your hands on a one-of-a-kind phone.
- Dubbed the Nord LE, only one unit of the phone will be manufactured, and it will be given away to the winner of the contest.
- The phone is a standard Nord with a unique color option.
What if you're looking for a more limited edition option? That's where the Nord LE comes in. OnePlus revealed the Nord LE on its forums, and the device itself is identical to the regular Nord, but it has a unique gradient effect that transitions from orange to green.
Oh, and only one unit of the Nord LE will be made. In case it wasn't clear what LE means, OnePlus says it stands for Literally Only One Edition:
As for how you can get your hands on the Nord LE, you won't be able to buy one. OnePlus is giving away the phone, and you'll have to do the following to be eligible:
- Make sure you're following @oneplus.nord on Instagram
- Take a picture of your current phone and post it on your Instagram feed – your caption needs to tell us why you want to upgrade to OnePlus Nord. Oh, and don't forget to include #SwitchToNord in your caption, either
You'll find all the details on OnePlus Nord's Instagram account. So if you like the look of the Nord LE and are intrigued by the idea of owning a one-of-a-kind phone, you know what to do. For everyone else, the regular Nord is still available to buy.
The OnePlus Nord delivers outstanding hardware combined with a robust 90Hz AMOLED screen, 30W fast charging, reliable cameras, and clean software. It nails the basics, and is still one of the best mid-range phones available today.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android
Harish Jonnalagadda is a Senior Editor overseeing Asia at Android Central. He leads the site's coverage of Chinese phone brands, contributing to reviews, features, and buying guides. He also writes about storage servers, audio products, and the semiconductor industry. Contact him on Twitter at @chunkynerd.