What you need to know
- OnePlus is now rolling out OxyenOS 11 to the OnePlus 8T.
- It's an Open Beta that'll give users a taste of the latest Android 11-based software.
- Other OnePlus phones, including the OnePlus 8 and the Nord, have gotten the latest stable OyxgenOS 11 builds, however.
The OnePlus 8T, one of the best Android phones, is getting better after finally getting a taste of the latest Android 11 builds paired with the company's OxygenOS 11. The company announced via the community forums that the first Open Beta build would be rolling out today, allowing users to test out the new software before a wider release.
As per OnePlus (opens in new tab), here's what's new:
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of the frame rate and improve its experience while playing games
- Optimized the Community homepage with more noticeable notification
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the animations of sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display in the Weather app
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service in the Gallery for a better operation experience
This isn't the first phone to get an update from OnePlus recently. OxygenOS 11 is already out of beta for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus had also started rolling out OxygenOS 11 to the Nord, but just being out of beta is no guarantee of stability. The company had to rollback OxgenOS 11 for the Nord yesterday after facing issues with bugs.
That said, if you're signing up for a OnePlus beta update, you're probably prepared for all that. You can check out the OnePlus forums from the link above for a quick installation guide.
If you've already installed it, please let us know your experience in the comments below.
Can this article be revised please? 8T didn't "just get Android 11, too bad it's not stable yet'. 8T LAUNCHED with OxygenOS11 with Android 11. This Open Beta provides further fixes ahead of Stable Channel and it's ALSO on Android 11.
Why don't the OnePlus 7, 7Pro, 7T and 7T Pro still not had Android 11? Betas don't count. Samsung have managed it by now.
Exactly and that's one of the reasons why I won't buy OnePlus again (my 7T still hasn't gotten Android 11) and switched to Samsung, OnePlus are starting to suck with updates now, I've had my S20 FE for 3 weeks and I've already gotten Android 11 (One UI 3.0) and then 3.1 (February security patch) and got the March security patch yesterday, that's consistency and why Samsung have and always will be King's of Android as they have the best Android experience in my opinion.
Umm.. my 8t came out of the box with Android 11
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.