What you need to know
- OnePlus is now rolling out OxyenOS 11 to the OnePlus 8T.
- It's an Open Beta that'll give users a taste of the latest Android 11-based software.
- Other OnePlus phones, including the OnePlus 8 and the Nord, have gotten the latest stable OyxgenOS 11 builds, however.
The OnePlus 8T, one of the best Android phones, is getting better after finally getting a taste of the latest Android 11 builds paired with the company's OxygenOS 11. The company announced via the community forums that the first Open Beta build would be rolling out today, allowing users to test out the new software before a wider release.
As per OnePlus, here's what's new:
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of the frame rate and improve its experience while playing games
- Optimized the Community homepage with more noticeable notification
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the animations of sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display in the Weather app
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service in the Gallery for a better operation experience
This isn't the first phone to get an update from OnePlus recently. OxygenOS 11 is already out of beta for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. OnePlus had also started rolling out OxygenOS 11 to the Nord, but just being out of beta is no guarantee of stability. The company had to rollback OxgenOS 11 for the Nord yesterday after facing issues with bugs.
That said, if you're signing up for a OnePlus beta update, you're probably prepared for all that. You can check out the OnePlus forums from the link above for a quick installation guide.
If you've already installed it, please let us know your experience in the comments below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.