The guys and gals at Engadget apparently have gotten word of what we can expect when the Motorola Droid gets its next update. Here's the scoop:
- Looks like it'll be based off the Android2.1-update1 build that Google put out last week on the Nexus One.
- And that means expect multitouch in the browser, to go along with the pinch-to-zoom that was enabled on the Droid for Google Maps just last week.
- Google Googles is baked into the ROM by default (also standard in Android 2.1-U1).
- The Droid's home screen remains as is -- no new rotating app thingy instead of the drawer, and no live wallpapers.
- The news and weather widget from the Nexus One will be included.
Yeah, it's a bummer there won't be live wallpapers, and that the app drawer remains. Some of that's likely due to the hardware difference -- the Nexus One does have Snapdragon, after all -- and some of that's likely just the usual customization differences.
Unfortunately, nobody knows when -- or if, really -- this build for the Droid will be released. And so, we wait. [Engadget]
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
24 hours with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Big, beautiful, and backwards
It's still too early to give any conclusive thoughts on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but Samsung's latest flagship is already proving to be a tremendous phone in more ways than one.
These cases will keep your Moto G Fast moving at the speed of lightning
When it comes to finding the right case for your phone, you want something that will keep up with your day-to-day life and everything that comes along with it. This sentiment rings true for the Moto G Fast, even with its budget price point. So grab yourself a case and keep your G Fast chugging along.